29 November 2012

greased

Finally! My name is officially changed on the first of many accounts. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Also, I think it's strange and a little uncohesive how one organization will accept a scan of a copy of the marriage license, while others require you to mail in a certified copy (they're not free, mind you), while others require you to bring in the original in person.

For instance, the social security office was fine with a certified copy, but the dmv required the original, even in the presence of a changed social security card, the certified copy, and the certificate of marriage from the JP. The ASCP was happy with a copy that I resized from the original legal size to standard size, then scanned and emailed.

I mean, clearly it's legitimate. It's not like I'm trying to go through the hassle of changing my name to trick people. It's ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment