04 November 2012

So long, farewell

auf Wiedersehen*, goodBYE.

Speaking of two weeks and no regrets, I have officially submitted my two weeks notice and resignation. Why? To make a long, complicated story short, I received an amazing offer from a world-famous hospital. I have Andrea to thank for it-- and I couldn't be more thankful or lucky. Or excited!

This decision has been a large source of stress in the last few weeks. Sometimes solutions just fall into your lap out of nowhere, and the rest of your life follows- but not without bumps in the road and tons of anxiety.
Things are at a point where they're calming down and I feel like it's safe to mention it because it's really going to happen. (Although at times I feel like it's too good to be true and get paranoid that something will happen to ruin it. Maybe because it was on the downlow for so long, now I feel strange talking about it.)

It has made me feel good when I tell my coworkers and people at the hospital that I'm leaving, and they are all surprised and sorry to hear it.
Quite a few people have told me that they're sorry I'm leaving, because I'm really good at my job and they've enjoyed working with me.
It's good to hear that people noticed-- including my boss. She made a ridiculously generous counter-offer, but at this point it's not worth it. I've been taken advantage of for too long.

Honestly, I don't feel any animosity towards anyone in particular. I'm ready to leave for a variety of reasons. Although this cracked me up:


So, on to bigger and better things. It's been a long time coming. I'm ready to be happier.
  
Here's to my new life!



*I just love this movie

1 comment: