28 December 2012

beam

Today, I had to work late to help fix something that hadn't gone quite right. It was all computer stuff, so I mostly gave feedback and did a little bit of testing while the computer people worked on it.They all worked remotely, so we communicated via phone and email.

At one point, the computer lady (who I'd heard was a bit of a hardass) made a little conversation while we were waiting on something to run. She said that she'd heard from my boss that I was new to this particular area of testing. I said yes, that was true. Then she said, "Well you're doing quite well."

I can't even tell you how I beamed at myself from the inside. You go, me.

I've been feeling rather under-used since I'm still technically learning, even after a month. You know I'm itching to start my own projects.

I could sense the computer lady's apprehension about working with me, since this is really my coworker's project and they've communicated extensively about it for months. I also felt somewhat responsible for the problem, even though I was just a bystander and was attempting to help pick up the pieces. So it felt really good to have her warm up to me, and have her say something like that.

I gotta say, I left feeling pretty darn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment