09 December 2012

catnip, candy, technology

Pumpkin is totally digging this catnip mouse and it's hilarious. She never plays with toys unless they're interactive- like you've got to be dangling something in front of her before she pays attention. But she likes this one! It must be the catnip, which she has also never paid attention to before. I always thought she was one of those cats who didn't react to it, but maybe she does just like it just a little.

Found out last night that Chris leaves the country much sooner than I expected. Not looking forward to being out of regular contact for 7 or 8 months. But, the sooner they deploy, the sooner they can come back. I hope he gets to experience some cool stuff this deployment. Actually, let me clarify: I hope he gets to experience some non-life-threatening cool stuff this deployment.

Helped Ashley and Collin paint the baby's room yesterday. A very nice light blue. It looks like a little boy's room. Next up is the jungle decals and a little more paint, then I make the curtains and one of those triangle banners. My heart goes, "Squee!" every time I think about it.

Regarding the pawn shop idea, I took a couple pieces of old jewelry to this place. It wasn't creepy or seedy or weird, as I feared, and the guy gave me twice as much as I expected. It wasn't a huge amount, but it was overall a very nice experience!

Akhtar's first annual gingerbread house party was fun. I was running late and didn't have time to make gluten free gingerbread, so instead I made some rice krispie treats. Worked like a charm. I took this picture on my phone, then had to figure out how to set up gmail on my phone. THEN I was able to email it to myself so I could put it in this post.


Between fiddling with my phone and calling Chris about 5 times, I figured out how to use some apps & the internet, and also learned about using wifi vs using wireless. Gettin' a little more savvy each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment