16 December 2012

glitters is gold

Today. I put whipped cream on my waffle. And in my coffee. A LOT in my coffee.

Woke up and it's raining outside. Checked the forecast on my phone, then checked the forecast for Japan. He's blissfully sleeping under a clear sky at 70 degrees, and I'm waking up to dim light and humid rain. A world apart.

I had dreams last night about our wedding. Not the way our actual wedding went. This one was on Jupiter. There were pretty lights and my dress was sequined and intricately embroidered and was gorgeous. One of his friends was a dj and everybody was dancing and I had to pee a lot, which required a very creative dismantling of the dress every time. We drank a lot and I eventually wandered off and he had to come find me. He scolded me, then said it was time to go, but I thought it was too early and we should keep partying. Then he made the good point that the bride and groom aren't supposed to be the last to leave. So he grabbed my hand and we left. It had a floaty, dream-like quality to it, not like those dreams which are very clear.

Still haven't figured out what to do about Christmas gifts. I don't get money until the end of the week, and it's all going to be funneled straight into bills. Hrm.

I painted my nails red with green glitter to help induce the Christmas spirit. Like the trendy ring finger that's different but still cohesive?



While I'm at it, I would like to talk about the Nikon Cool Pix S1100. I've had this camera for about a year, and I hate it. I absolutely hate the touch screen navigation. It's annoying, there's a delay, and it's not very easy to use. More importantly, I hate the quality of the pictures it takes, especially snapshots. Half of them come out blurry on the auto setting. Who has time to adjust settings when you're out and about? A snapshot should just be quick, and the auto setting should produce decent pictures, not unusable crappy pictures. Overall, it's just not a very trusty camera. I miss my clunky old Canon that took great pictures-- even after being dropped and enduring abuse that would destroy any other camera.

(P.S. Glitter reminded me of this song-- take a moment to jam like it's the late 90's.)

No comments:

Post a Comment