25 December 2012

gifty

Man. My cell phone cozie smelled like smoke after last night, so I washed it and it shrunk. Merh. Now I have to make another one. Or, I should probably do the smart thing and get a case for it.

It's Christmas day, there is food and booze everywhere, and everybody is randomly crashed in random places.

This Christmas has been very stress-free. I didn't buy a single gift.
One, because I don't have any extra money.
Two, because instead of buying siblings gifts, this year we decided to just pool whatever money we would have spent and give it to my parents for their trip to Kiev. Made mom cry. That's a win.

I also didn't get a ton of stuff.

So what did I open this morning? A Bissell shampooer thing. Completely frivolous and I love it. EVERYTHING WILL BE CLEAN. Also got some socks.

And that's about it. It's refreshing not to have a mountain of gifts, especially because I've been all about removing the clutter lately. Just a few small tokens here and there. This year it was more about hanging out with family & friends instead of focusing on the gifts. I rather enjoyed it.

Not to say that I didn't miss the rush of picking out something nice for everyone, and getting excited to see people open things. Next year will probably be back to normal, but with everything else going on lately, it was really nice to have a break from the stress and Christmas Greed.

Keeping with that theme, Suzy and I are going to see Les Miserables today. Ashley, too, if we can convince her to go.

P.S. I can't wait for that cold front to come through tonight.

1 comment: