22 September 2013

deep breath

Why hello, fall. I'm digging your cool air. You can stay a while.

As much as I would like it, this is not going to be one of those things where I wake up one day and instantly feel better. This is going to be a process. There will be good days and bad days.

Yet, every morning I will wake up and tell myself, "This will be a good day."
Then, I will tell myself why this will be a good day.

I've stumbled out of depressive funks WAY worse than this, and I know how to do it. Even though this one has lasted a while, the method is no different.
It's all about attitude and changing perspective and making an effort.


I did indeed check several things off my to-do list yesterday. It feels good to check things off that have been lingering for a while.

In addition:

+ Started to clean out the closet. I unearthed 22 tank tops, and that's not counting what's in the laundry basket.


Rainbow of tank tops! Saw some things on Pinterest for organization ideas because they take up 22 freaking hangers. Not ideal. And yes, I do need to keep them all... :o)

+ Renewed the library card. Already plan to go after work Monday and check out a few books that have been on my "to-read" list.

 I enjoyed this:

Well this laundry won't clean itself, and the groceries won't magically appear on my shelves.
I'm thankful that I have laundry to sort, a washing machine to clean it all, and the means to go buy groceries & feed myself. I am very blessed.

Today's bit of hippie wisdom from Suzy:
"You've got to understand that wanting to remove negativity from your life is NOTHING to feel bad about!! If you think about it there really isn't a good way to tell someone that their bad vibes are poisoning your life."

No comments:

Post a Comment