13 September 2013

wine, food, brain, jones

This $3 bottle of wine is surprisingly good. I'm starting to favor reds over whites, and I'm starting to develop a taste for wines that aren't as sweet. Don't get me wrong; I can still knock back a moscato or a riesling any day, but I'm starting to enjoy a variety of wines.

Dinner was shrimp & red bell pepper sauteed in a little butter and seasoned with marjoram. Side of mashed potatoes & broccoli. I rarely cook on Fridays, but I was hungry tonight and it was calling out to me. Something about a long week and coming home wanting nourishment. And booze...

Seriously, try this: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/42784265183619203/

I don't know if it's in relation to the wine, but I couldn't stop it from happening.

I'm realllly starting to jones for fall. Yeah, Starbucks has the pumpkin spice latte back on the menu, but it's not fall until I can open all the doors and let the nice cool air breeze through. Pumpkin gets to roam free as she pleases. Plus, it's that much closer to husband-ness. All good things.

No comments:

Post a Comment