21 September 2014

I went camping.

We went camping with some friends this weekend. In the woods. On a lake.

I haven't really been camping since I was 13. It was after that 2-week long stretch of camping up and down the California coast and I was pretty done with camping forever.

Apparently forever means 16 years. Chris has been dying to go camping so I told him he got 24 hours of enthusiastic, bitch-free camping, but after 24 hours, I want to leave. Let's be realistic here.

That system turned out to work very well. Camping itself isn't all that bad. I actually enjoyed myself- the break from technology and the fresh air. Not to mention it's relatively cheap. There were even bathrooms and running water, although peeing in the woods isn't really all that bad. It certainly helped that the weather was nice-ish- A little hot but air conditioning was not a necessity.

On the second evening, the nature (ie: caterpillar poo raining down, bees, and ants) was starting to get to me. I needed a shower and a good night's sleep in a proper bed. Fortunately, it was right at the 24 hour mark, and our departure was uneventful.

Oddly enough, I kinda want to do it again. Just for 24 hours, of course.

1 comment: