08 December 2007

crappy interviews, finals and weather

I was late to the interview. I thought the time was 1130 but it was really at 11. So, needless to say, I didn't get the job that seemed perfect for me. Alas, it was not meant to be. I am not worried though, it will work out.

I wound up making a halfway decent grade on my ochem final, but sucked on my physiology final. Errgg. One more to go, I must ace immuno.

As I was decorating the staircase banister with green and silver garland, poinsettas and little round ornaments, I realized that I am in no way into the Christmas spirit this year. I was putting the decorations up for my mom, who is out of town and would like the surprise of having the decorations up instead of in bags on the floor when she returns.

Maybe because of finals, maybe because it's freaking 80 degrees outside (I abhor Houston's weather), maybe because I'm so tired, but I am just not feelin' the Christmas-ey this year. I was debating breaking out my own decorations and decorating my little apartment, but maybe if I do it will help.

I also want to volunteer. I think that will help get me into the "mode." I always donate to St. Judes, but this year I don't have much money to give to charity. I'm sure there are plenty of opportunities this time of year, especially if I don't have a job.

Stuff to do get around to doing:
-write Grandma back
-get the personal injury stuff from the accident taken care of
-tweak the resume
-find simple gf recipes, I'm so tired of eating the same old stuff!

1 comment:

  1. Ya, 80 degree weather does not sound all that great. But I'm over here in 20 degree weather, and that doesn't make me feel full of holiday cheer either. It just makes me cold and grumpy. =P

    ReplyDelete