24 February 2008

sunday morning and hair stuff

I'm sitting here in my comfiest pj pants drinking coffee and munching on homemade cinnamon graham crackers. They taste just like the real thing, yay for a successful recipe!

It's the earliest I've gotten up on a Sunday in a long time. The sun is shining and it's slightly warm outside with a nice breeze. After being woken up abruptly, inducing a major case of temporary grouchiness, I'm pretty content.

I've got one lecture to watch, one very long chapter to read and one prelab writeup. I've got to make a trip over to the mall to pick up a piece of jewelry and then I get to shop around for a small belated birthday gift for my mom.

I think it's time to retire my trusty Revlon hair straightner. I've had the thing since high school and it's been dropped so many times the outside has gotten cracked and the metal plates sometimes come out. When I use it sometimes my hair gets stuck and gets pulled out. No wonder it's so damaged... I guess I should upgrade while I'm at the mall today, but I don't think I'm ready to shell out over $100 for a chi.

My new hair stylist (whom I love- aka she listens to what I have to say instead of hacking away and giving me mullet-like layers) also said she likes the Biosilk protecting spray stuff, and I'll try it because the stuff I use now, ironically the chi brand, doesn't seem to be doing much. Do any of ya'll use something like that that you'd recommend?

Anyway when I was getting my hair cut yesterday there were a lot of ladies there talking and getting their hair done. It was kind of like a scene from a movie. One of the ladies started talking about how she goes to Whole Foods on Saturday to try all the great samples they put out, and then she was talking about how she tried the gluten free bread. She said it was terrible (word) and that if she couldn't eat stuff like that she just wouldn't eat bread at all. (double word) I kinda wanted to pipe up and contribute to the conversation, but she was on a roll and was actually pretty amusing to listen to.

Because here's the thing: I hate it when people try the bread or other gluten free item and go, "it's not that bad!" It IS that bad when you're craving a peanut butter sandwich and have to eat it off hard, dry, dense bread. And it IS that bad when you have no choice and are forced to choke it down or, more often than not, go without. So anyway. Some non-celiacs feel our pain, tell it like it is and admit that some of the products are downright nasty, and it made me feel kinda good.

Back to my graham crackers :o)

1 comment:

  1. i bought a straightener for $40 and LOVE it! best straightener i've ever used. it normally took me an hour (or more) to do my hair, now i'm done in 20 minutes max. i still haven't found a no-frizz/damage spray i like though
    -dayna

    ReplyDelete