18 September 2008

Neti Pots

Okay, so a little background info.

A few months ago I was in Walgreens and saw one of those neti pots sitting on the shelf. My reaction: eew gross. But Chris said his mom uses one and loves it. Then a few weeks after that Indigo Daisy wrote about hers and I thought there might be something to this thing.

Well, the day after the hurricane hit my throat started to hurt, then migrated up to my sinuses. What usually follows is a week of terrible pain and congestion, and amidst the chaos and no AC, the thought of going through that was too much. The last time this happened I was in so much pain and the doctor found nothing wrong. Off to Walgreens I went. And of course dragged Chris with me while I sat in the aisle and compared prices.

Now, if you google these things, and look up the images, you're going to see some people pouring crap in their noses. Ugh. The pots themselves look like they have hard-ons. I'm sorry, that's just what I see, lol.

Anyway, the first time I used it my brother and Chris were standing there watching because they were curious. I recommend NOT having an audience because it was really hard not to giggle and inhale saline water. Once you get the hang of it, it's a really strange feeling but it's not uncomfortable.

After I used it, I noticed that there was a whole lot less pain back there, and it really did help me breathe easier. I've used it since then, half a packet of the stuff you're supposed to use once a day, and I swear it's cut this sinus thing's normal duration in half.

I think another skeptic has been hooked...

Oh, and here's a video of the tree in our front yard being yanked down my my dad and his hillbilly friends lol

1 comment:

  1. Awesome video, I love it. Oh, I totally finally added your blogs to my blogroll. And you're up in the awesome poll this week, so you can get your friends to stuff the vote!

    ReplyDelete