21 September 2008

wild night.

I had a dream last night that in the midst of studying and writing up labs, I missed a day.
In the dream I was suddenly in my lab, but didn't know how I got there. I had to turn in my half-written prelab and report, and I was pissed that even though I knew all the information, I hadn't written it down yet.

And to make things even wierder, my lab partner was not there, and was replaced by Brian. I remember he was wearing a yellow shirt. My TA was replaced by a buxom gym-teacher type lady who was interested in why, for some reason, my lab bench had moved to behind a wall and I couldn't watch her lecture. I don't know...

Then I got really hungry and remembered I had some cake in my bag. Even though it was regular cake, I shoved a piece in my mouth. Then someone (I can't remember who) shook their finger at me for eating it. Then I felt guilty.

Then, there was this truck that pulled up that had TONS of candy on it. The scene was almost like on the Vegas strip (or what I'd imagine it'd be.) There were lights everywhere, music, almost like a carnival. I circled around it, but the only candy you could reach from the ground was gross generic candy. The good chocolate and stuff was all in the middle.

And then, my dad was there and he said that while they were on vacation my mom died. We all reacted like it was no big deal, but in my dream the more it sunk in, the worse I felt. The lights flashing all kind of became surreal and mocking. Then I really regretted getting annoyed with her earlier this week for something stupid.

Then, I was back in my lab and everyone else's experiment was moving smoothly while I had screwed around with the truck full of candy and everything and hadn't even started. Meanwhile, neither my real lab partner nor the replacement Brian was there, so I contemplated going home and taking that grade as my drop grade. The whole time wondering how on earth I lost an entire day.

Then, I woke up and panicked for a minute about what day it was. Today is Sunday, right??

No comments:

Post a Comment