23 November 2008

anti-soda and routine

I have recently discovered that carbonated beverages give me terrible headaches. The last half-dozen or so that I've drank have given me immediate headaches. No more sodas for me! I don't drink them that often anyway so it's no big deal.

I am in a place right now where things don't suck, but they aren't super wonderful either. I feel like I'm just here. You know that quote up there, sometimes I sit and think, sometimes I just sit? Well, this is one of those "just sitting" blocks in my life. Nothing exciting, no profound thoughts, just a get-through-life kind of attitude.

I feel dull, but not depressed. I'm sure it's the crappy un-changing routine of school that's got me this way. There's not much wriggle room for spontaneity. I always get this way when things get too routine.

On that note, I am getting things done, slowly but surely. Applications are moving along, and they'd better be; they're due by the end of the month.

My patience is back to normal, but that's not saying much, now is it? haha.

Things with Chris are better. He's getting settled into his own routine after his recent life- upheaval, which gives him extra time for me. That makes me happy. He's been working a lot and many things are still in boxes, and I'm DYING to organize his apartment. But I have to exercise self-control and let him do his thing. After all, it is HIS apartment, not mine.

Let's get crackin' on this ridiculous busy-work psychology paper, as it's due the day after my birthday and I really don't want to spend my birthday working on a paper that I hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment