02 November 2008

party ANimal

Everyone's asking about my halloween weekend.
What was I?
I was the best girlfriend ever.

I headed over to Chris' at about 11 yesterday and helped him pack and move with his parents and a couple of friends. They got all the heavy stuff first and packed it in his race trailer. At about 7 they left, and it was just us to move the rest. We got it all boxed and packed up, and the thought of lugging more heavy boxes down 3 flights of stairs was not making us happy campers. I never realized how much shit he has.

Then, Chris had a genius idea. We went out looking to steal a shopping cart, because there's a small elevator at one end of the complex. We found one right away on the side of the road, and noisily walked it down the corridors. That saved us many trips up and down. And we even had enough energy to carry the 8-ft tall bookcase down winding flights of stairs. Yes, we are badasses.

Then, at about 1 or so, right as we're about to leave for the new apartment, he discovers his battery is dead. Lovely! Right at that time, this guy he met randomly who lives in the complex pulls in and gives him a jump start. They talk about cars and stuff for a while with their hoods up as I try not to fall asleep standing there, and finally we head out.

We get there and unload stuff as quietly as possible in a zombie-like state. Thank GOD he's on the 1st floor.

While we were outside, we heard a clatter and Chris said, "Oh great. Not again." Because there was always loud noises and stuff at the old place. Turns out, it was a raccoon in the dumpster. Then, he pointed out the sound of a hoot owl and the small grove of trees on the other side of the fence from his patio. He had such a satisfied look about him. I think Mr. redneck country man has found his home, haha.

I dug out the bedsheets and made his mattress up, because I know he had been up for way longer than I'd been, and he carried the heavy stuff to boot. Then I drove home at about 4 to sleep in my comfy bed. Sore, tired, and dirty. But it was a good sore, tired, and dirty.

Overall, it took 17 hours of straight packing and loading. I think we took a 20 minute break for lunch and that's it.

Today... is studying.

I'm such a party animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment