30 January 2009

school is taking over my life once again

I am so far from giving a shit about so many things, it's not even funny.


Tony, you'll be happy to know I worked out today. Then I did some research about what you're supposed to eat after you work out, and made some really freaking good protein/ carb bars.

I've also been on an orange juice kick. I rarely drink or crave it, but I've finished a carton all by myself over this week. My body must be craving Vitamin C.

It has been exhausting trying to adjust to my new schedule.

At least the material in Biodiversity and Evolutionary Biology overlap a lot. Makes things easier.

In Physiological Psych, it's really annoying to sit through that lecture sometimes, because of the students- Some are really unnecessarily enthusiastic, loudly answering rhetorical questions and interrupting to put their two cents in- it gets to be rude.
And I don't want to be mean, but I swear some of my classmates are so DUMB. For instance, the prof used the word corrigible to describe something. I wasn't even sure what that word meant, but he went on to describe it and provided context clues and restated it in such a way that made the meaning of the word very clear. Then some guy in the back raised his hand and asked what it meant. Little things like that, but several of them over the course of an hour and a half, interrupting the lecture. Frustrating.

Calculus is a nightly thing, which does not bode well when my other classes start to demand more of my time. There are so many tiny rules you have to remember and know when to put what where.

I was pretty pissed about these quizzes we have to take. They're a small part of the grade and are really for practice, which is good, but they are a huge pain in the ass.

They're online, and we get a new one every week- we have a week to take it; it closes on Friday at Midnight. You can re-take it up to 20 times, you have 2 hours to do it, and each time the 20 questions change. It adds up to a lot of work.

So, it looks like this is not the only Friday night I'll be spending taking online quizzes...

No comments:

Post a Comment