01 December 2009

happenings

Man I wanted to write about all this stuff going on and elaborate on how great Thanksgiving was and how I passed my 2-year GF anniversary and how freaking awesome my birthday was and how I finished my sticks and all kinds of random stuff, but I'm so tired.

Just finished a 2-hour long quiz that was bullshit!! Please tell me why we started Parisitology in the last two weeks of the semester and added on 4 ridiculous quizzes right at the end of labs, right when Phlebotomy is due, right when we have our most difficult Chem exam coming up, right when Hematology coag case studies are due, right before finals? Because they're trying to kill us. It's a social experiment to see how much we can take before we CRACK! So, in the interest of staying whole, you get bullets.

-2 years! Yay! I feel like I should be doing more cooking at this point. New Years resolution in the making? Possibly.

-Birthday: the day at school sucked but dinner was GREAT. I haven't seen most of my friends in a while and it felt so great to hang out and chill. My mom worked really hard on dinner and on the cake (see GF blog) just so I could have a stress-free, fun birthday. She really is awesome and the day would not have been as good without her, or my awesome friends. I really am loved, and I don't know what I did to deserve it! I'll take it, though. :o)

-I feel strange being 25. When I was a kid and I imagined being 25, it seemed so much more adult-like than I feel now. I feel like I'm letting my kid-expectations down because I don't feel like a grown up. I think once I graduate, get a job, and move out I'll feel like a real grown up. For now, I just feel like a lame 25-year old. It's really strange that for some reason being 24 was ok, but once I hit 25 some line was crossed.

-Finished my sticks today!! It was uneventful except for some old guy who couldn't really speak. It was difficult because it's required that we get them to say their name and medical record number. I had him write down his name but then he kept writing his birthday instead of his medical record number. He didn't seem to understand, but I eventually got him to take out a card with the number on it and we communicated by pointing. I think he knew english because every once in a while he said a word that I understood, but most of it was like he didn't have a tongue or something. Really strange. Sweet guy though and an easy stick.
I felt extra proud of myself because I got one guy and I missed his vein at first, but instead of having someone else get it, I fished around and got it myself, and he said it didn't even hurt. Score for me.

-I'm actually doing okay and I'm on top of all the massive piles of assignments that have been due lately, all at once. Don't ask me how I'm doing it; I don't know! I just hope I can keep it up. For the most part I've been getting As, with the exception of the leukemia test yesterday that I got a 78 on- at this point I don't care. Fuck it, I just want to pass!

-Holy crap I'm tired and I have a cramp in my neck. Bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment