04 December 2009

snowww

I got up early and drove up to school to take an exam that I didn't feel prepared for, in a very sleep-deprived state. Fortunately, I did well on it and the afternoon's lab was cancelled because of the weather. Halfway during the exam, someone happened to look up out the window and said, "It's snowing!" So we all looked up and sure enough, it was coming down pretty good.

I was going to come home and sleep, but mom wanted to go Christmas shopping. By that time the snow had turned to rain so I figured the novelty was over. Halfway during shopping (and finding some GREAT deals and gifts), we looked outside and it was snowing really hard, and it was even sticking. It wasn't the usual 5-minute pussy snow that we usually see in Houston; it was like real snow! It was piled up on cars, the grass, rooftops, all over the place! People were outside taking pictures, all excited. I don't know if it was the shopping or the Christmas music or the snow, or a combination, but it put me in a really great mood. It was awesome.

It snowed for the better part of the day, and I got a few pics:



Suzy got some better ones:

Now it's really cold and I'm about ready to snuggle into a warm bed and get some much-needed rest. I'm in for a doozy of a week, and then I get a vacation!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment