13 May 2010

FOOD


Made some muffins tonight. I forgot how good this recipe is. YUM.

They even got Suzy to come back for more and say, "Every day, everything you make tastes less gluten free."

*Swoon*

Still tired and not really liking my days, but I'm adjusting and it's almost Friday... and I have muffins!

You guys would be so proud of me. I've eaten like a normal person lately.
Cereal + banana for breakfast, yogurt, granola bar or apple & peanut butter for mid-morning snack, lunch-type things for lunch, and I come home and cook a real dinner instead of eating candy and popcorn.

I even planned so that I used up leftovers instead of letting them rot in the back of my fridge, and I make sure I have enough for lunch the next day. I package it all up in tupperware at the same time that I serve myself dinner.

It's becoming easier than I thought it'd be. I just have to plan.

This week's menu:

  • Cold Pasta Salad with curly noodles, spinach & red beans
  • Red Beans & Brown Rice
  • Spring Rolls made with spinach leaves instead of lettuce
  • Baked Tilapia with frozen veggies
  • Chicken on the George Foreman grill, seasoned with cumin, garlic, and thyme, paired with brown rice and leftover veggies
  • Ravioli with spaghetti sauce
  • Brown rice penne pasta with leftover chicken and spaghetti sauce
  • Fritos + bean dip with Tuesday's lunch got rid of the last small bits laying around, and bean dip does crazy things for keeping me full.
  • With the additional leftover penne and chicken, I'm thinking something like this- subbing artichoke. I have recently discovered that I love artichoke.
So that's that. It's time for another glass of wine (I've earned it!) and some Alton Brown. And BED.

What did you eat this week that I can add to next week's menu? I need inspiration!

2 comments:

  1. Atta girl!
    My problem with food trying to figure out what to make before I've reached the "too famished to cook" phase and without having to make a special trip to the store for one stupid ingredient. You're right, planning is key - but for some reason I HATE planning!
    Actually, just this week I starting using this website: www.foodonthetable.com, and so far I like it, because it does the planning for me. It's a new site so the variety of recipes isn't awesome yet, but it might be worth a look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating like a normal person in America is eating pure junk usually and eating out often. You are eating like a TERRIFIC healthy well balanced eater! Better than a normal person!

    Hmmm, what did I make this week....potato salad, hot dogs (I highly advocate Hebrew National brand - no random, questionable cow products and tastes WAY better), braised Asian ribs, shrimp fried rice, dijon glazed panko crusted salmon (it's really easy and delicious, I must show you! It's good without the panko topping too), and I can't remember what else...I'm also making walnut honey shrimp tonight and prosciutto and carmelized onion pizza...it's just me so if you want to come over and eat dinner, I remember you had a gluten free pizza that was sooooooo good at your birthday one year. I lack a crust anyway =) Let me know! This is Jen

    ReplyDelete