03 May 2010

sucky sunburn

I knew better.
I know that I burn easily, and I knew I was out in the sun for too long yesterday.

I have random patches of non-burned-ness, where I smeared a bit of sunscreen on my shoulders, chest and face. The rest of me is red and hurty. The middle of my chest is not burned, but the outside is, right where bra straps (or any straps) would sit. Man, I would love to own a tube top right now.

Last night I grabbed a couple of aloe vera leaves from the garden (THANK you, Missy's mom!) and stuck them in the fridge. I froze some cucumber slices and after my shower I rubbed those over the burned skin, then followed with aloe, then followed with lotion. I plan to repeat every hour or so, because I'm not going to be sunburned and uncomfortable for an extended period of time during my vacation.

I kinda don't know what to do with my free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment