29 May 2010

gym antics

Yoga at 11am on a Saturday.

I'd go, but I know how horribly crowded it will be. People breathing hard all around me in a stuffy room... ugh. The other day I was working out on a machine and I could smell the lady's breath next to me. Fucking GAG. I had to move. Nasty.

I've been realizing lately just how much people in general and crowds annoy me. Actually who am I kidding; I've known for a while.
A Person can be smart, but People are fucking idiots. And it does depend on the circumstances.

Graduations? horrible. Concerts and festivals? not so bad. Crowds at the mall or grocery store? shoot me. It seems that once people walk into the mall or grocery store, they lose all regard for others around them.

Enough of my intense dislike for large amounts of people gathered in one place at one time. Especially when they're trying to drive somewhere...

Frank is going to get a gym membership for the summer and I'm going to make him show me how to do some of the more complicated-looking machines and conquer my insecurities involving the "boy's area" with the free weights.
I just don't even know what I'd do if I went over there. If I had any cajones or flirting skills, I'd ask one of the boys working out there for some advice, but we all know that's not going to happen.

I'm considering the idea of hiring a personal trainer for a few weeks once I start making money. You know, to kick-start really getting in shape. I've been watching some of the things the trainers have people do and been copying them ;o).
Since I've been working out regularly, I've been feeling really good. Hardly any stomach aches, which is probably due to the fact that once I've worked out, my appetite for eating junk really drops.

It's really helped that I've kept track of my workouts on a calendar. I like the visual of seeing how often (or not often) I've been active. In May I've worked out on average 2-3 times a week.

I'm curious to see if these changes will affect my lipid panels, which I still have not done... Fasting just does not work very well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment