05 October 2010

bed-maker?

I feel like this is going to be a week of  procrastination.

Let's add to the top of the list: dishes and laundry.

I don't know what happened; I was super-exhausted when I left work yesterday. I was fine until about 3 when I wanted nothing more than to close my eyes and conk out. The traffic-y drive home was horrible. I kept wanting to fall asleep.

When I got home I packed my lunch for today, ate some cracker jack for dinner, showered and went to bed.

I hope today is better.

A conversation yesterday made me wonder just how many people make their bed every morning.



I, for one, never make my bed. I can honestly say I haven't since I was about 10 and my mom stopped making me. Even when I change the sheets I don't really make the bed- I just kind of lay out the sheets and if I have to make it look decent, I spread out a big blanket on top of the mess and smooth it out. No tucking things in here. It just doesn't make sense to me.
But I know there are hard-core bed-makers out there. It's interesting to guess which of your friends are bed-makers and which aren't.

So, which one are you?

2 comments:

  1. Much to my mom's dismay, I stopped using sheets when I was about 13. For my birthday, my college aged sister had gotten me a nice down comforter. It was so cozy that I ended up sleeping on top of the sheets, in order to better cozy up to the comforter. Eventually I just stopped putting anything other than the fitted sheet on. This makes making the bed a cinch - you just have to straighten out the comforter.
    That said, I certainly don't make the bed daily, but I do make it whenever I clean the whole house - so about once a month or so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, Chris does the comforter-only thing too and it drives me crazy! I love the flat sheet!

    ReplyDelete