21 October 2010

TA-DA!!


Isn't it beautiful??? So shiny, new, and nice and tall and curvy so that even when the sink is piled high I can still get water. Porcelain washers that are guaranteed to NEVER LEAK. I'm so smitten with my new faucet. I literally giggle when I turn it on.

Early in the day they had replaced the leaky one with another cheapy faucet that looked exactly like the original. Except. Mom happened to mention that it didn't have a connection for the sprayer.

That was a problem. Seriously, a major problem.

See, I love that sprayer. I use it constantly. When I told this to mom, she said that she didn't think it would be a big deal because she doesn't even use the one in her kitchen. Then I reminded her that she has a dishwasher. It's a different story when you have to hand-wash your dishes. I really do use it ALL the time.

So then I had accepted the fact that I was just going to have to be sprayer-less, when I came home to the guy installing a whole new faucet. Then I felt like a brat for complaining, but mom said that if we installed a cheap faucet it would just end up leaking again.

So I have an awesome new faucet (that was $80, by the way, I had to pay for it lol) and it doesn't leak and it's just so... awesome. *sigh* Well worth the money.

Oh, and I was also super-productive this afternoon. I switched over my car insurance, and finally sat down and read through and filled out all the paperwork for the health and vision benefits that I now get through work. Then I canceled my existing expensive health insurance, which was literally a 3-minute phone call. Easy peasy.

Oh, and I also managed to spend a freaking thousand dollars in 10 minutes today. I paid the 6 months car insurance and then paid mom for half of the repair bills. Since I don't pay rent and I regularly "shop" in the fridge and pantry, I figured that was fair. We had them fix my bathroom ceiling and faucet, and then replace the leaky (eew) toilet and faucet in the hall bath. The hall bath and my parent's bathroom AND the entry way were painted, as they've been sitting there in mid-paint for about a year. I swear, the trim has been taped off and the paint cans have been sitting in the entry way for over a year. So, now it's done and things look much nicer.

Like I said, productive day. Cereal for dinner, then bed. I'm TIRED!

No comments:

Post a Comment