17 January 2012

Not too shabby.

Came home from work (seriously, it's only Tuesday??) to find a large green box on my coffee table.
Inside the green box was a bouquet of flowers inside a vase. (I'm amazed they can ship that!)


Surprise flowers from the fiance? Very nice. I love it when he does random shit like this.

With a new found spring in my step and some iced green tea, my mom and I went to Walmart to get... everything. Nothing's in the fridge, and besides I'm out of toilet paper. I pretty much went on a huge shopping trip. We get to the checkout and swipe... the credit card machine is down. Oh, wait. The credit card machine is down in the entire store! People are starting to get pissy, as only people in Walmart can get.

So we stood there for a few minutes, milk sweating and frozen fish thawing, all bagged up and in the cart, until I remembered there is a bank at the front of the store. With an ATM. So I ran over there, surprisingly there was no line. I got cash in about 2 minutes, paying ATM fees-- well worth it. Then I merrily paid and got the heck out of there. I'm such a genius some times.

Came home and accidentally broke the lid of the vintage sugar bowl that Chris searched through tons of stores and gave me for Christmas. Just smashed into a billion pieces. Hmph. :o(
At least I still have the actual bowl.

Then I attempted to cook this, or a close version of it. It turned out ok. Not exceptionally flavorful. I didn't have capers, but I don't think that they'd contribute that much to the dish. Rounded out the meal with some wine, and everything was all right.

Flowers + shmoopy card... check.
Replenished fridge, freezer, pantry, chocolate stash, and toilet paper in the bathroom... check.
Wine... check.
Back and forth between HIMYM and reading Wicked on the Kindle... check and check.

Not bad for a Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment