30 January 2012

Step 1.

*beep boop beep boop boop beep beep boop beep beep*

*ring ring*

So and so bridal, how may I help you?

Hi. Do you have any short or tea-length dresses?

Ummm, we have like 2.

Okay, do you happen to know the price range?

One is 800 dollars, the other is a thousand.

Okay, thanks, bye!

Over half of my calls to local bridal shops sounded like this. Seriously, 800 dollars for a dress that doesn't even reach my feet that I'm going to wear once and probably spill something on during dinner? Is is sewn with gold thread by leprechauns? Come on.

It's looking like the place with the most options within my price range is the place that I said I'd never give another penny to. Well I'm climbing down off my high horse and will be happy to hand over my money, if they can give me what I want!

Tonight I'm making this and hoping it's as awesome as they say.

P.S. Is it silly that I got nervous before I started making phone calls? 
I was afraid they'd think I was tacky or stupid for calling and pricing short wedding dresses, especially if the place turned out to be really high-end and fancy. But everyone was actually very nice and helpful.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on the dress hunt!! I agree, it is stressful and not fair that it's so much easier on the guys.
    I ended up getting my dress at Banana Republic. On sale. I felt lame, like people would judge me for it, but, like you, I didn't want the super poof-y flow-y stuff. I went with a white, knee length, cap sleeve, wraparound with a kinda sorta polka dotted textured pattern to it, summer dress. I actually wasn't convinced it was "the one" and kept looking up till the day of the wedding. But in the end, having the cute/casual dress, paired with a fancy necklace and styled hair made me feel perfectly bride-like. I never did find the right shoes, however...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try looking at little cute non-bridal boutiques in Houston!! Spring/Summer is coming and they'll start having more white dresses, and cause they're not technically bridal gowns they'll be cheaper! Woot!! :) Akso....miss you!!

    ReplyDelete