15 January 2012

Sunday musings

Ah, Sunday. Waking up late, secrets, coffee, laundry, you know the drill.

Had a TON of fun at Dave & Busters for Jen's birthday. I can't remember the last time I went out and had fun with a bunch of friends, or made a new friend.

Every time I have a really good time, at the end of the night I always can't help but think, 'Man I wish Chris was here; he'd have had so much fun.' Or, 'I really wish I could have shared this with Chris.'

Every time he leaves, the period of time that I experience the hurting, raw missingness gets smaller before it eventually turns into routine always-in-the-back-of-my-mind missingness. The first time he left, it was about two months before I started to get used to it. This last time, it was about a week. Now, I'm more used to missing him than having him around.

If you would have asked me when I was 10 what my love life would be like when I was 27, never in a million years would I have guessed that this would be my answer. Funny where life takes you.

I guess it's true, though. It does make you stronger. It makes you a stronger person, and I think in some way it makes you a stronger couple. I mean, petty arguments seem ridiculous when you've overcome an obstacle like this. I guess it helps you put things into perspective. And I think the only reason it works the way it does is because it's him and me. If it were someone else, I don't think I could do it. So yeah, I'm stronger and all that, but damn it still sucks.

Enough analyzing my relationship. I'm sure y'all are sick of reading it, but hey, it's what's on my mind.

And let's go into the week with this in mind:


 There's a reason I've been looking forward to Mondays lately: the walking clusterfuck has that day off. Seriously, I try so hard not to be mean but he gets on my damn last nerve. Every day I make it my goal not to be annoyed by him, and every day I fail. Sometimes, I think he does it on purpose.

And let's end on a happy note. Last week I went to Michael's and happened to find some super cute cupcake liners. I know! So cute! There were many more styles, but I felt silly dropping more than a few bucks on cupcake liners. So I stopped at four.



Kinda makes me NEED to make muffins. Or, they can be used like this, if there's any left the next time I throw a party.

P.S. I had a dream last night that I was brushing my teeth and two of them fell out. And they weren't even the damn wisdom teeth. So I was freaking out about having to go and get them put back in, or whatever they do. Obviously this dental anxiety needs to get resolved and I need to get these damn teeth fixed.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know why you're fighting the floral print. It's in your destiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some sweet liners! I'm glad you had lots of fun at D&B! It seems like it's been ages since anyone has gone so it was great! I hear ya about wanting to share in those moments with someone you love. It makes it even nicer =)

    ReplyDelete