11 April 2012

a better me

Have you ever seen this?


That's kinda how I felt after reading Akhtar's workout entry today. I thought, "Well, shit. Akhtar is way busier than I am, and he can fit in several workouts a day." So, I shook the spiders out of my walking shoes (literally), and updated a few songs on my mp3 player. And I walked! For about 25 minutes, while talking to Ashley on the phone. The new songs will have to wait-- hopefully not for long.

For me, the hardest part of starting a workout routine is... starting it. Getting that first workout going. After that, the hardest part becomes putting on my shoes after work and getting out the door. It really helps to come home, take off my scrubs, and instead of getting into comfy clothes, change strait into workout gear. It's much harder to make an excuse once I'm dressed.

Today is the first day in weeks that I've been able to chew, so I got a decent meal in my belly at lunchtime. There was a part of one of the new fillings that was a little rough on the side of my tooth, and started to irritate my tongue. So I tried to scrape at it with my key, but that wasn't very successful. I stopped at Walgreens and grabbed some dental tools, then scraped the rough part away. Much better.

P.S. This wine is delicious
P.P.S. I wish I could be less pissy at work. New personal goal.

1 comment:

  1. Come work out with me at my apartment's small gym! My workout goal is to get more arm strength. Also, I am playing dance central for cardio, ha ha. I have a great exercise routine!

    ReplyDelete