07 April 2012

no real focus here

I've been so busy lately that when I was sleeping in this morning I kept halfway waking up expecting an alarm to go off, or I'd try to remember if I had any plans. The sun comes up earlier than it used to and ended up waking me up. Still, 8 o'clock is sleeping in to me.

I had a milestone moment last night with Chris. Basically, he did the opposite of what I expected him to do when he gets upset and a little down. Huge. HUGE! It put last weekend's doubts to rest in a hurry and makes me feel more confident about the future.

Speaking of, I have to go pick up my wedding dress soon. I feel kinda strange having to store it, now. Yep, that's just a wedding dress hanging up in my closet.

I had cocoa pebbles, but I feel like today is a bacon & eggs kind of day. I don't have any bacon.  NooOoOoOOoOooooooo.

Or maybe I shouldn't be eating bacon. I ran some blood last week. We were establishing the normal range for a new lot number of PT reagent, so we had to draw blood from 20 people who are not on anticoagulants, and don't have any clotting factor deficiencies.

I figured while the needle was in my arm, I'd get a few more tubes. Chemistry came back normal, except ferritin was a little low. No surprise there. However, my red cell indices were the highest they've ever been, which is good news. They were even firmly back into normal range. I refrained from running lipids, since I wasn't fasting and I want the best possible circumstances when I run those. I feel like bacon won't help that.

I also feel like it's time to start paying attention to what I eat again. And exercising. You know I go through cycles. However, it's been difficult to eat lately, due to the cranky wisdom tooth, and I've been gravitating towards foods that I don't have to chew.

I tried greek yogurt for the first time. It's a little too "sour cream" tasting for me to eat plain, so I came up with a genius idea. I mix it with the flavored Yoplait yogurt, half and half. It cuts down on the sweetness of the Yoplait, and adds in some extra protein. Win-win.

Perhaps I've rambled on enough for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment