26 February 2013

laughs, good deeds, and progress

-hahahahaha yes. I love her.

-Set up Water & Electricity for the new house today. Here's hoping it's not problematic...

-Today I was the recipient of a random act of kindness.

I was taking a few boxes home from work today, 4 to be exact. They were glued so I couldn't break them down, so I taped them together and carried them in pairs. By the time I got outside, my arms were hurting and I was dreading the windy walk to my car. (Remember, it's a total 3/4 mile)

A car pulled up and stopped, and I figured it was someone asking for directions. That happens pretty often and I'm proud to say I can usually point them in the right direction.

The lady in the car said, "I hope you don't think I'm weird, but are you walking to the Brown lot?"
When I said yes, she offered to drive me there! She said she'd been in my position before, and thought she'd help.

I said yes, threw my boxes in her car, and hopped right in! At the moment that I closed the door, I had a split-second thought that maybe she was going to kidnap me, but I'd seen her come out of the employee parking garage and figured she was good people. She introduced herself and the department she worked in, and so did I.

Thankfully, she wasn't a killer, and I had a little bit less time to spend struggling with the boxes. Yay!

Time to drink some wine and pack some more. I have SO MUCH  MORE shit than I thought I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment