17 March 2013

Calvin


I just can't get over how cute my nephew is. He's so tiny. Just look at him in that big ole crib all cute and little. 



He's changing so fast. He's looked a little different every time I've seen him; only a few days apart. He's looking less like an infant and more like a baby, if that makes any sense.

He looks just like his dad, with a little bit of his mom. I suppose that's best; he'd be way too pretty for a boy if he looked just like Ashley, haha.

I'm amazed at how cool their baby monitor is. It's got video and sound, and you can talk back to the kid like a walkie talkie if you want. We spent most of naptime yesterday staring at the monitor every time we heard a noise and he'd wiggle around a bit before going back to sleep.

It's also neat how I'm not afraid to hold him. With friends' infants, I'd be a little nervous to hold them. With Calvin, it's like, "I WANT TO SNUGGLE HIM" and it feels much more natural. There's been much good-natured fighting over who gets to hold the kid since he was born. My mom usually wins. After Ashley, of course.

I can't wait till he gets big enough to play with, but I also don't want him to grow up so fast, although I know he will because he is. Being his aunt is going to be SO MUCH FUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment