23 March 2013

technologicalness

Technology is awesome. Except when it doesn't work the way I want it to. Then it's quite possibly one of the most infuriating things in the world.

Take, for instance, the problem at work that's been trying to get resolved for three weeks now. There were several people putting in hours of work to try and solve this unsolvable problem with a meter connection. Turns out, it was a simple, 2-minute fix on my end. I simply didn't even know it existed. I felt incredibly sheepish and horrible for being the root cause of the problem without even knowing it, and for [thank GOD] silently blaming it on the IT people. I suppose that's one of the problems that comes with having to reverse-engineer a job. I thought I'd been doing pretty well, and even though there was no way I could have known the solution without someone showing me, it was a major blow to the job performance self-esteem. 

Then there's things like web cams malfunctioning. All I wanna do is let my baby see & hear me!

No comments:

Post a Comment