18 November 2007

studying, sweethearts and shower critters

I am so sick of studying. I only have two more days until I get a break, but I just can't seem to force myself to study anymore. After a day of cramming with a nice little break of socializing at Scott's bday party, I was headed home to study some more when I decided I needed a break. I drove the habitual route in the dark and rain to find some calm comfort.

I fell asleep perched on the edge of a couch snug in the arms of a scratchy chin and the smell of cigarettes & him. The sounds of Stereophonics playing on the tv, the mellow soundtrack of some movie that drifted in and out of my restless consciousness.

I woke up early and decided to leave. When I bent down to kiss him goodbye, I smiled. Even the most guarded of individuals becomes sweet and cozy when asleep, hair all mussed, snuggled up under a blanket.

On a completely different note, I did some research on those nasty little fuckers that are appearing in my shower and I think they are drain fly larvae. {collective shudder}
So what I have to do is get dear old daddy to throw some poison down the drain, and since the flies are laying their eggs in the cracks in the caulk on the floor, I have to re-caulk it. This means I have to use the upstairs shower for a while because the shower has to be completely dry. Lovely.

I am totally looking forward to dinner with the girls after my test Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment