07 November 2007

suprises and not-so-surprises

I came home after a long day to find two surprising things on my desk: the knitting needles I was wanting and some random lab orders from my doctor.
The needles were a gift from my great-aunt. She's visiting from Arizona for a few weeks. I've seen her briefly twice-- never home long enough to see her. I wish I could spend more time with her.
The lab orders were for celiac disease. Umm, what the hell? I haven't even seen her for any problems relating to this. It really was random. I am impressed, though. She did a little putting two and two together. So I did some research and I'll do the tests, but I doubt I have it. At least I don't have to fast for the tests. I hate fasting, I get all dizzy. Still haven't figured out exactly what's wrong with me. I am fine with managing the symptoms through medication but it would be nice to find out the cause.

So the long day: rat gut physiology lab = disgusting. For once I did no cutting and left it up to my labmates. Give me frogs any day. I studied much more for this immuno exam than for the last one, but I feel I did worse on this one. Then during karaoke night, the lack of sleep hit me and I just wanted to fall asleep at the table.

I did some thinking on the drive home. I finally understand those words that were silently spoken so long ago and I wasn't sure what they meant. And that fucking scares me. I need to figure out a way to change this. I need patience and I'm sure time will help.

Now that I'm home and able to lay in my bed, I can't sleep.

I can pick up my glasses tomorrow :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment