04 June 2008

fun with drama

Somebody tried to insult me yesterday, like really tried. And I just laughed. I seriously felt absolutely no offense and felt the entire conversation was ridiculous.

Ashley, you'll appreciate this drama recap :o)

So a few weeks ago Robert made a comment on Ashley's myspace. No big deal, really, but then he got too chummy with the "How's a member of my extended family doing?" comment and that kinda pissed me off. What arrogance. See, he won't remain friends with me but will be buddies with my family? So I childishly made a comment on Ash's space about how annoying it was. Whatever. It was satisfying.

About a week ago I get a message from him but I was just going to ignore it.

But, I mentioned it to Chris and he suggested I read it. So I did. And I got even more annoyed. He basically defended himself and failed to acknowledge why I was annoyed, so I replied telling him why I was so annoyed and that he was no longer part of the family. Duh.

Then I get a big long email from him that I read, but don't remember what it said. I didn't reply because I was so fed up with his crap at this point and didn't want to argue back and forth with him.

Fast forward to the next evening. I get a text message. At this point, it's redundant. I was not wanting to extend this conversation any more and did not want to talk to him. But I read it. The message: something along the lines of "I'll delete your family from my myspace if you say that we're cool."

Pause for a moment. I see his motives now. He wants to remain friendly and not have me pissed at him. Not be the bad guy. Well, I'm ready to burn a bridge and don't really want to give him that comfortable satisfaction of being "okay."

So I reply saying that I don't care what he does. It's whatever.

He replies with some french shit and I ask what he meant and he replies with "we're ok then."

Um, no. I tell him we're not okay and agree with him that we should not talk anymore. I mean, if we're not talking, we're not "okay." Another Duh.

I get a couple more messages that I don't read and just delete.

Then I get a text message from him calling me a cracker bitch. (Wtf? LOL) Telling me to have fun drawing blood and being in debt all my life. Then, and this cracked me up: he goes, "oh, and I can eat wheat."

Now, I'm sure he thought long and hard about how to best insult me, and that's what he came up with?? I actually sat there and giggled at the absurdity of it all. Especially the last part. It might be slightly insulting if my sisters didn't tease me about it all the time, and if I hadn't actually realized that yeah, normal people CAN eat wheat. Derr.

I replied with: "The best part is, you know I am happier than you will ever be."

And that finally shut him up.

Anyway the whole thing was ridiculous and made me thank my lucky stars that I was smart enough to get away from him. Like seriously I think about how lucky I am now and how miserable I'd be if I was still stuck with him.

And not just because he annoys me, or because he's an egotistical mama's boy. And not because he dared to lay a hand on me in anger. Because he was a catalyst for the largest turning point in my life. But that's a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment