12 June 2008

slurp

I just finished ghetto-rigging the driver's side mirror on my car. The mirror is intact, but it's not sitting on the motor and it's just hanging off. It got hit just enough to jar it off. So, dad Gorilla-glued it and I've taped it to the right position, hoping it will dry right. Oy.

Sucking down this glass of wine. It's been a long day. Not bad, just long and tiring. I'm actually proud of myself. I wrote the content for a web site today. At first I was confused and it took quite a bit of coaching from Lee, but I finally figured it out. In the end I realized it is not very different from writing a paper. I'll get the hang of it and the next one will go much quicker. Thank goodness my bosses are patient and have faith in me, LOL.

In other news, guess who got official business cards today??? Me! I'm excited. I've never had business cards before. They have my name on them... :o)

Speaking of work, I hope my ass gets paid soon. I'm berrr-roke. I had to creatively transfer money from different accounts to get enough to pay the car note this month. It's my own fault because I'm lazy and don't want to get an additional job and work all the time. Life's too short to work your ass off and never get down time. I will be working full time very soon for the rest of my life, so I don't feel too bad about it. I can be poor for a while.

Speaking of money, I got a substantially larger amount of federal grants for school next semester, which totally rocks. And it's done so early, too. Usually I don't get the info until right before school starts and I'm all stressed out. I'm not fooled, though. Nothing in financial aid is easy. Something will have me in tears before the end of summer.

But for now, let's put something else besides wine in my stomach.

2 comments:

  1. Your hard work and determination will pay off in the long run, so take advantage of those moments where you can sit back, relax and enjoy a glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I say Oy all the time. I'm trying to decided if I picked that up from you, or you picked it up from me, or if we mutually picked it up from somewhere else. I only know that I use it in excess. Oy. :D

    ReplyDelete