06 July 2008

computer?

Today's breakfast:
Potato, egg, cheese & brisket breakfast tacos. Corn tortillas, of course. I wish I had some peppers or tomatoes to add to it and give it some extra taste and color, but we didn't have any. Still, it was good.

So my laptop is perched up on top of three books: two at each back corner and one at the front. We have: Webster's New World Dictionary, The Bedford Handbook and The Control of Communicable Diseases Manual. I stuck these under it because I felt that the computer was getting too hot and needed ventilation. I've seen the thingies that you plug into a usb and it blows the hot air away from it, so I figured this was the ghetto solution. Too bad they've been like this for months and every time I need to move the screen closer or farther it's a bigger ordeal than it needs to be.

I guess I'm just really paranoid that my entire computer will crash again and maybe if it doesn't get overheated as much it will last longer. I back up the important files like my resume and stuff I'm working on for school on a flash drive, but it's the pictures that I'd miss. I tried compressing files once to burn onto cd but that was a big joke. I've been told to get one of those external hard drives, but I'm cheap.

So what do ya'll out there in blog-land do to back up your files? I'm open to suggestions.

1 comment:

  1. I have laptop cooler for you! It's in my apt bedroom!

    ReplyDelete