04 July 2008

wake up call

There is this game that Pumpkin likes to play. At 4 or 5 am.

It starts when I feel her pounce on my stomach, crawl up towards my face and emit a series of very loud, insistent "meows" in my face. This will go on until I move. The second I make any movement, she leaps off the bed and tears around the room. I don't know how such a small cat can sound so large running frantically around the room. Then after a minute or so, just as I've fallen back asleep, I feel the THUD of a cat on my stomach and the cycle continues.

When I finally drag myself out of bed, she goes and hides under the table or the futon. She sits with her head poking out just enough to fool me into thinking that I can grab her. If I make a move towards her, she is one steap ahead of me. She wants to play.

Sometimes I can open the door and she'll go right out. Other times I have to get more creative. I tried pulling out a can of wet food and pretending like she was going to get some to lure her out, but that only worked a couple of times before she realized I was just tricking her. She won't come out until she hears that bitch OPEN.

This whole game completely sabatoges my hopes of crawling out of bed in my half-asleep zombie-like state so I can just fall right back asleep once she's out. But noooo. These mind games make me wide-awake.

I need a cat door man.

No comments:

Post a Comment