20 July 2008

part-ayy

This weekend was quite fun.

Friday: Ash's birthday at Sherlock's. There was this band playing called the Inflatable Love Boys, I think. They were a pretty good cover band, playing lots of 80's and early 90's stuff. They said happy birthday and the band let her come onstage and sing a bit of "Sweet Home Alabama" before the bouncers pulled her off, haha.

Saturday: Bachelorette party. We waited for an hour and a half at the Cheesecake Factory to get a table, but we had good company and the bar while we waited. We threw her a lingerie shower at dinner and she got some really cute things. Woo for free undies!

Dinner was great, and I got to eat some of that AMAZING Godiva chocolate cheesecake. Needless to say we all had food babies on the way to the bar. We all piled in to Casey's minivan and I volunteered to drive. It was actually fun driving that thing!

Howl at the Moon was at capacity, so rather than wait for room to open up, we went to the Mezzanine Lounge. I'd seen it before but never gone, and it was fun. Right on the corner of Shepherd and 59, I'd definitely go again. They had karaoke and some really great singers. Dayna kicked off karaoke singing Madonna's "Like a Virgin" in her pink veil and that was a hoot.

I think pretty much everyone at our table was drinking amaretto sours, too. God those things are good. My master plan was to be the designated driver so I wouldn't spend so much money on drinks, and it worked. Although I think I bought Ashley more drinks than Dayna, haha.

I'm going to try and upload a video of this guy singing who was really great. Like I said there were a lot of people who really worked the crowd and made the whole thing awesome. I stuck more up at www.youtube.com/jacobithegreat.


2 comments:

  1. Mmm. The Godiva is my all time favorite at Cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Sherlock's..use to work off Beltway 8 and Richmond so it was a convenient place to meet up with co-workers now and then for a quick drink after a long week...and oooh Cheesecake Factory...yummy.

    ReplyDelete