21 September 2010

ahem

I have 15 minutes before I should leave for work. Got a little bit of a schedule change a few days a week, and I gotta say it might be harder to wake up at 8 than it is to wake up at 330. I've gotten semi-used to the early time, and I think when I sleep in my body thinks it's the weekend and I should get to sleep until 10. So it's been interesting.
I think to combat this, I'm going to get up at 6(ish) and go to the gym before work. It worked today, except my toe hurts and maybe I should have stuck to weights.

I think I should clarify on my last post- I know what he's doing is a selfless, honorable thing. I'm extremely proud of him and I know it's not an easy accomplishment to become a US Marine. I sound selfish and bratty when I say, "why me?" when he'll be risking his life. He loves what he's doing and he's damn good at it. I'm supportive because I want to be; because he deserves it.

I don't think he'd understand if I told him my concerns. I think he'd take it as an attack because he's the one living it, every day, the physical and mental exhaustion. I think at this point in the training they have to think about themselves, to keep themselves going. I get it, I do.

Not that I'm going to say anything yet- it's not that definitive in my mind. It's just something that I'm slowly becoming aware of as every day passes that I'm waiting. I don't even know what I'd say if I brought it up. I try to be positive on our brief talks because I can imagine the taxing world he's immersed in right now.

If I try to ignore it, I'll just end up full of resentment and nobody will be happy. That's why I'm glad I have a blog- to sort things out. I think it all boils down to I miss him a lot and there's not a damn thing I can do about it.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to comment on your last post, but forgot to. I say, feeling totally frustrated is completely normal!! Ya, it's true, that things aren't easy for him either - but you are totally allowed to have selfish moments for your self. Totally and completely allowed!

    ReplyDelete