07 September 2010

grind baby

I just spent 45 minutes researching spice and seed grinders...

I know.

But I want to grind those flax seeds in my freezer into flaxseed meal, and darn it I don't want to buy a coffee grinder just for that. I want something smaller, cheaper, and please, not another appliance! Maybe something like a handheld pepper mill would work. They fit in a drawer, but I haven't found one that someone has claimed to actually work on flax seeds. I don't want to buy one only to have it not work that well. Like this super cute nutmeg grinder, which I have a feeling would only work on nutmeg.

Oh, and then I found something called an herb grinder and I got all hopeful because it's cute, compact, and cheap, but then it turned out to be something for potheads and I don't think it'd work that well on seeds. Darn.



And THEN, I came across a cute story about a sesame seed grinder, which can be found at asian food stores. Jennifer! This is a job for you! Do they exist? I need one! Even if they're not nearly as cute as the nutmeg grinders...


Because damn it, after 45 minutes of searching for alternatives for coffee grinders, I'll be damned if I buy a coffee grinder now. And I don't know why it has to be cute. It just has to. Oh, and it has to be hand-cranked or battery-operated. I don't know why. Maybe I need to sleep instead of pondering flaxseed grinders. I have said "cute" way too many times in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment