24 September 2010

hcisgif

Holy Crap I'm So Glad It's Friday.
So it's FINALLY Friday. Oy, it's about time.

Today I got to eat lunch, even though the before-8-am-crunch-time this morning was crazy.

This afternoon wasn't so bad. Except. I was happily labeling tubes, the machines were whirring and humming problem-free, and I was watching a storm come in real quick- I could literally watch the sunny blue sky become swept with dark rain clouds.

There was heavy rains, then about 1/2 second of power loss.... and all hell broke loose. I could hear patient monitors beeping all down the hall, then one-by-one my (yes, my) machines aborted their mission. Computers shut down, results were lost, and I stayed calm. Except then they all had to be started back up, initialized, primed, and samples in progress during the outage had to be manually programmed. But I managed. Because I'm kind of a badass.

Also one of the QC parameters wasn't coming in at ALL, and I couldn't figure out why. Then I realized that I was using the wrong control all day. Oops. Shit. Chalk that up as another learning mistake that I never repeat.

Anyway, leftover chinese + wine = bliss. Debating on another glass of wine or a redbox movie. I can't do both, as the wine will prevent the safe driving but I kinda want that movie. But I really want more wine.
Movie? Wine?
Movie? Wine.
Movie... Wine!
Movie then wine!

Also, Wine Festival tomorrow! I told you, Missy, that I'd end up buying my ticket Friday night.

Except I can't print it because my printer is a FUCKtard and won't let me print in black and white even though I have plenty of black ink, but am out of fucking cyan. Infuriating.

Also, what the fuck kind of name is cyan? Why don't they just call it BLUE?

Ok, I really did just get all worked up over a stupid printer. More wine. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment