14 September 2010

hairs, hot water, tv

Until a few years ago, I was blissfully unaware of the random hairs in my sink. Then one day, Frank walked in and said, "Eeew your hair's all over the sink!" I came running in and said, "Oh my gosh, it IS!" It was like becoming aware of your nakedness in the garden of eden. I had honestly never noticed those few strands of hair that made it from my head to the sink while I styled it; it simply wasn't on my radar.

Of course since that moment it's become one of those things that I ALWAYS notice and it's super annoying having to notice them every day and want to clean them away. I liked it better when I wasn't aware of them. And they're annoyingly hard to clean up. They want to stick to the sink and move around instead of being wiped up.

Right now I would love nothing more than to take a hot shower and crawl into my fresh clean bed, but I used up the hot water cleaning the massive pile of dishes in my sink. Ugh, hate washing dishes. Now I have to find something to do while I wait for the hot water to return to an acceptable shower-taking level.

Ummmm, I got nothing. I guess I could watch tv.

Which reminds me. I'm not a huge tv watcher. I don't automatically turn on the tv; it's always an entertainment last resort. The only time I really watch it is with Chris, who is a huge tv (and reality tv- ugh) watcher. Even then sometimes I'll grab a book while he's watching tv. I dunno, I guess I'm just not a huge tv fan. Tv is starting to look really strange now that I've typed it a lot.

Anyway, I'm curious which of my 3 on-and-off readers are tv fans. What do you do instead of tv?

No comments:

Post a Comment