11 January 2011

closer

I was standing on the surface of a perforated sphere when the water filled every hole...

I demand you hit play while you read the rest of this entry.



I was watching Easy A when I recognized this song in the background. It's been so long since I listened to Death Cab for Cutie. I forget how much I love their old stuff.

Especially this song. Driving around downtown Houston, lost, on a rainy night my first semester at UH. Listening to a burned copy of this album in my Pedro. Man, I was so lost. Not just literally-- figuratively. How incredibly far I've come.

But it's been 5 years. I remember it like it was yesterday, despite how much has happened. I think about what these lyrics meant to me then and where I was... I can't believe how much differently I feel. Oh my gosh I was a mess. But it really does all turn out ok in the end.

I listen now and smile.

I'm fucking amazing.

(I also love passenger seat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment