06 January 2011

on track?

The working-out-age shall re-commence next week.

The first week of the month is always busy, but the first week of the month of the year? Eesh. My feet hurt, my back hurts (omg I'm getting old), I'm starving and exhausted. Time to bust out the foot spa. Ahhh, bubbles.

Gotta pack for an overnight trip to Huntsville to help Kathy move this weekend. That'll be my workout.

The hardest thing about trips since being diagnosed with Celiac is making sure I have something to eat. I've got to plan ahead. When everyone stops moving to take a pizza break, I've got to have options... and a wimpy salad is not going to cut it. So I'm going to have to think about and pack every meal and snack for the next few days. It kinda sucks. I'd love to be able to nosh down on a Subway sandwich or greasy pizza and cold beer, especially after manual labor. Buttttt I guess it's worth it that I don't feel terrible.

This is going to be hard trying to figure out what kind of food I'll want to eat over the next couple days, given the non-committal anti-food attitude my belly has been giving me lately. It's not upset or anything; it's just that darn appetite. I usually just listen to the belly to determine what to eat, but it's not giving me any leads! Last weekend I made beef stew just to make it- I figured a home-cooked wholesome meal would jumpstart the belly's cravings after weeks of half-hearted snackage. I didn't want the beef stew, either. I just picked at it and forced myself to eat it. By any other standards it was delicious, but belly was not feelin' it.

Come on belly, it's time to cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment