31 January 2011

frustrating endorphins

I feel good that I was a skinny wiener and got a kickass workout today.

Because it started not so good. I didn't sleep well last night and dragged my ass out of the amazing cloud of bed goodness at 415ish and quickly brushed, washed, clothed, scarfed cereal, and sipped coffee on the way to work.

Had some belly issues today, probably because I ate nothing but crap this weekend. Chips and brownies and occasional mac n cheese do not equal calm tummy. When will I learn?

Also fought a headache today along with dreary sinus pressure. Ugh damn weather. Get cold again.

Also the heat pushed the temperature in the lab into the stuffy 80's since the air conditioning is still tripping, which the chemistry analyzer does not like. Oh, boy.

BUT instead of going home and being lazy and stuffing my face, I had some green tea and worked out.

And now I feel great. Yay endorphins!

Except... I called Chris on the way to work out and he actually answered. Said he was cleaning his gun and to call him after my workout, and we'd get a chance to talk. But I knew better- I knew I'd call back in a half hour and he wouldn't answer. But he insisted and promised, so I called him back after my workout.

Why am I not surprised there's no answer?

I'm not blaming him- I know things are wishy washy as far as availability goes, but it's so annoying to play phone tag and have nothing but those crappy half-assed phone calls punctuated by random texts for weeks on end.

I guess they're definitely better than nothing. This relationship is frustrating. I feel like I've got the worst of both worlds- I feel single without the freedom to flirt, and I feel committed without the benefits of companionship and regular sex. I guess it's good that the only thing I don't like about our relationship is the fact that he's not here. If it were anyone else I would have chunked the deuce a long time ago.

How did this post go from working out and feeling good to bitching about my relationship? Meh, living in the status quo!

Now-- what to figure out for dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment