02 January 2011

theme

Last night Akhtavious and I were finally going to try this restaurant that I've been wanting to try for a while. However, we were unsure if they were open and they weren't answering the phone. We were going to go anyway until I noticed on their website that they have a strict semi-formal to formal dress code. Uh, we were not even close to semi-formally dressed. SO new plan! Try it some other time, with reservations, and have a fun dress-up night. I'm thinking sequins. I've really been wanting to wear something with sequins!

Instead we had dinner at BJ's (tee-hee the name), which was super-crowded. I had the gluten free ham & pineapple pizza (a new discovery of mine, it's so good!) and we discussed all the things we'd like to do this year. I have yet another adult-ful thing to do: set up some kind of retirement account. Because dammit, I want to retire one day.

The current state of my room is chaos. After work yesterday I decided to get organized, paper-work wise. I had random stashes of paperwork in boxes and file cabinets. After hours of digging through and throwing stuff away, I still have a little left to organize and I have 3 trash bags of papers to burn. I kept the most useless crap. BUT it's a new year and hopefully by the end of the day it'll be all cleaned out and in neatly labeled files.

Then I want to start on all of the many junk drawers and quit being so cluttery. I have a label maker, and now everything will be organized and labeled! I smell a trip to the Container Store...!

Next on this week's agenda: see the eye doctor, get an oil change and have my tires rotated.

2 comments: