03 March 2011

crazy town

Every day after work I drive down the same street to get on the freeway.

And every day I see:

Someone dressed as the Statue of Liberty boogie-ing down to music only they can hear (I think they might have an ipod) on the street corner. I have no idea what they're advertising but they've got the full getup- gown, crown, and torch. Totally jamming.

This chick that looks around teenagerish standing on the median holding another sign advertising for a business that I don't know what, because she always faces the opposite way. So basically I see her ass every day.

A ton of people hanging out under the overpass by the Westpark Tollway. They don't look exactly homeless, just hoodlum-ish. Why on earth are they hanging out? They're not begging for money and it's not like at Home Depot where someone's going to pick you up and give you a day job. What are they doing? Just spending their day under the overpass? Boring.

A guy standing by the WE BUY GOLD shop on the feeder holding a sign saying... well... WE BUY GOLD. Sometimes he's in a seasonally appropriate outfit like Santa or something, but lately he's been rockin' the hawaiian shirts. A few months ago he looked like he was homeless and the owner of WE BUY GOLD took pity and gave him a job. He's looking much better now. I guess that job is working for him. That's the story I make up for him anyway. The overpass hoodlums could take a lesson from him.


So I get a few blocks of interesting. After that it's freeway and boring Sugar Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment