10 March 2011

Habits

Ashley and I were talking last night about how you don't notice habits or unique quirks that people have until you have to live with them (Or, in my case, spend weekends with them). Like Collin despises ketchup and doesn't put on deodorant when he showers at night. And how Chris doesn't rinse his dishes and just leaves them to congeal and crust in the sink, and likes to wear socks around the house, while I prefer bare feet and rinsed dishes.

We got to talking about towel habits. Like, after my shower I immediately hang up my towel to dry, and I also use the towel for about a week before I wash it, or until it no longer smells like fabric softener. Ashley told me that Collin used to use a new towel every day, and thought it was gross to use the same towel for more than one day, even if was just to dry off after a shower. I mean, come on! It's like jeans! They can stay clean for a month as long as there's no stains or anything.

Anyways, back on towels. Chris is the type who uses the towel to dry off, flings it any random place, and forgets about it. I can't tell you how many times I've showered at his place only to find no clean towels, and he'd hand me one that he'd flung on the chair the day before, damp and mildewy smelling, telling me it was clean kuz he'd only used it once. UGH.

That brings me to the story. The day that Chris left for boot camp, he showered at my place and, of course, flung the towel in any random place. That night, after an emotional exhausting day and a long week ahead of me, I wanted nothing more than to crawl in to bed. What did I find? The randomly flung towel-- that had soaked my bedsheets and gotten some wet spots on the mattress. I had to change my sheets and blow-dry the mattress at like midnight. I was so annoyed, and the worst part was that I couldn't even call him to yell at him!

So, what do YOU do with your bath towels? Do you use them more than once? Are you a hanger-upper or a fling-and-forgetter?

2 comments:

  1. i'll use my towel for about a week and i will hang it up over the shower curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hang it up IMMEDIATELY after I shower, and prefer it to be totally spread out in one layer, vs the two from folding it in half first since I have to share the one towel bar with my sister and Logan now. I'll also use it for about a week then throw it into the dirty laundry basket.

    ReplyDelete