07 March 2011

not happy.

Hmmmph.

I almost started crying on the phone with his mom.

Chris is not coming home for two weeks.

He's coming home for one week. Subtract travel time and it's a realistic 4-5 days before he's deployed to Afghanistan.

He's not coming home after the wedding.

He's coming home the week of the wedding, but most likely will leave the day before the wedding. Cue weepy, crabby Jen trying not to be weepy or crabby on my sister's big day.


I've been looking forward to a nice, two week break with the love of my life that I haven't seen in 8 months. HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT. No trips to the beach with the fancy hotel. No long weekends of carefree snuggles. I need something substantial before he's gone for another 8 months. A few days is nothing but a tease. This has been brutal and the only thing keeping me going was the promise of a few weeks of contact.

I had my work schedule intricately planned, his plane tickets were bought, and I even moved around my period with birth control pill scheduling. I love those pills.

Instead, I get to see him for -at most- a couple of days during the most hectic week of the freaking year. (And, coincidentally, on the week that I've re-scheduled my period. Grr)

I have no idea how to reschedule my work schedule and what days to take off, because I haven't actually gotten to talk to him. I went from excited, pending bliss to disappointed, sad unknown.

I should have seen this coming.

2 comments:

  1. Now you can get really wasted at the wedding with me.

    Love you Jenevive<333
    *biiiiiig huuuuugsss*

    ReplyDelete