27 March 2011

ouchies.

Today I walked up to my mom and said, "Feel," pointing to my jaw/neck area. She felt, got a strange look on her face, and said, "What is that?"

That is the swollen node in my jaw/neck that is a result of a canker sore. Occasionally I'll get one so bad that my jaw, neck, and the side of my face gets swollen. I haven't had one in months, figures I have one now. I suspect it has to do with trace gluten ingestion, as the only time I get them nowadays is when I eat gluten. I should be more careful.

I still have not figured out the best way to get rid of them quickly. I've always had to wait for them to run their course. I still remember the suggestion Missy gave me once when I had one back in high school: 'I just jab at it with a q-tip dipped in mouthwash!'

The party was fun for gimpy, and today did, in fact, suck. I'm so very tired.

I was going to wait to change the sheets on my bed until Thursday, but I can't wait any longer. I need fresh sheets. NEED.

1 comment:

  1. The q-tip STILL works, I will have you know!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete